1. Black gram 250gm
2. Kidney beans 50gm
3. Onions 1kg
4. Tomatoes 1kg
5. Ginger 2kg
6. Garlic 1/2kg
7. Green chillies 10gm
8. Red chilli powder 5gm
9. Turmeric 1/4 tsp
10. Oil 30ml
11. Ghee (clarified batter) 60gm
12. Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
13. Salt to taste
14. Coriander leaves
1. Clean and soak gram and beans separately for at least 4 hours.
2. Boil kidney beans, when half cooked and gram and oil and boil till both are well cooked.
3. Heat half the ghee. Add cumin seeds, chopped ginger, sliced onions and chopped garlic and fry till golden brown colour it’s gets.
4. Add turmeric, chilli powder and chopped tomatoes and fry till tomatoes are cooked.
5. Add gram and beans and half of the chopped coriander leaves.
6. Cook on a slow fire stirring constantly for another 20 minutes.
7. Add the remaining ghee and remove from the fire.
8. Garnish with remaining chopped coriander leaves.