1. White flour 500gm
2. Yoghurt 1/2cup
3. Baking powder 1tsp
4. Yeast 1tsp
5. Egg 1
6. Oil 2tsp
7. Salt 1/2 tsp
8. Water as required
1. Sieve the flour, mix in the baking powder, yeast and salt.
2. Beat the egg slightly, mix this into the flour along with the oil and yoghurt. Sprinkle the water and knead well to a smooth and pliable dough. Set a side for 3 mimutes.
3. Knead and set a side for another hour. By now the dough should have risen to almost double it’s original size. Make 8-10 equal balls.
4. Flatten each to approximately an 8 inch diameter.
5. Place on a cuision and moisten the side facing up. Pull the dough gently at one corner. To give it the traditional elongated shapes. Slap it on to the walls of the hot tandoor . when it brown slightly and rises it ready.
6. Use a pair of bread scekhs and remove spread a little ghee if required and serve hot.