paneer butter masala
- 3 big tomatoes - pureed
- 250 g paneer - cubed
- 2 big onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder (dry coriander powder)
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp tandoori masala (optional for color)
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt and lemon juice - to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- fresh coriander - chopped for garnish
- Skin the onions and blanch them in hot water for 3 mins, then ouree them to form a paste. Do the same with tomaotes, unless you are using tomato puree directly.
- Take 1 tbsp of ghee, heat in a pan for 2 mins, the saute the paneer cubes in it till golden brown; Now take 1 cup hot water, add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to it and immerse the paneer cubes in it for 10-12 mins. Then remove the pieces, drain them on a tissue paper and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan, add the bay leaf and the cloves, then add the onion paste and saute till light-brown. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 3 minutes. Add chilli powder, followed by the cashew paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Add tomato puree, crushed kasuri methi,coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Stir and let it simmer for some time.
- Add the paneer cubes and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add a small cup of water and let it cook on medium heat till you get the desired curry consistency. Remove from fire, stir in remaining butter and fresh cream.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.